Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Memories of Cherry Blossoms

Back on April 25 (HERE) I posted the beginning of the buds as they became blossoms.

And as I was afraid, the quick plunge into summer meant a short blossom season.


By April 29, blossoms were losing petals and leaves were becoming abundant.

My studio never got to the totally pink light that it had last year.

And last week I had my energies focused outwardly to help my church, so I didn't get to work in my studio anyway.



What if imagination and art are not frosting at all, but the fountainhead of human experience?  Rollo May, The Courage to Create
 



4 comments:

  1. gone already? ours just starting... so pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK< now it's your turn to show the pretty blossoms! Barb

      Delete
    2. My memories of cherry blossoms comes from the tree that was in our back yard when we were growing up. I loved that tree, it was so pretty in bloom, the ground was so pretty when the blossoms fell, and it was a good climbing tree.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Lori, for reminding me of climbing trees. I used to love a Catalpa (I think) on our school playground, once I was tall enough to get into it (when teachers weren't around of course). I remember the last tree I climbed too, at Hanging Rock State Park in NC.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...