Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Variations on a theme





These plates are part of the barrage that I created when a friend asked for some more like I sold her last year.

The glaze combo is Mexico and Eggshell, sponged upon a white cone 6 clay body.  Some are different clays.  Some are just different.

As you can see, the glaze varies drastically, depending upon...what?  A whim of the kiln goddess?  A variation in glaze application?  A different clay body?  The time of the month?


I'm going with estrogen.  Since I'm a crone, I can blame about anything on it, and nobody knows what I'm talking about.  Basically, I crave chocolate all the time, and never need to worry about whether the moon is entering one phase or another.

I was glad after all my attempts to make 4 plates with the same glaze, my friend bought four that weren't entirely matching.  I neglected to ask why those were the choices.  I only know they do like "luncheon size" for their taste.  It's hard sometimes to make smaller, don't 'cha know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...