Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

What a coffee pot!

We potters are always making teapots! 
You'd think that's all we drink.




But I'm a coffee woman, and share with my friends.  The pot from the coffee maker is ok to serve with, but how about a super duper pottery coffee pot!

I constructed this from my own imagination.


Then our studio manager went to a arts & crafts show, and someone had made a very similar form. That person glazed it differently at least.

Neither one of us had seen the other's creation.  Except after this was fired, Charles showed me a photo of the one at the show he'd seen.  I don't even know the name of the artist.


The base glaze is celadon on a brown cone 6 stoneware...food safe of course.

The glaze drips were fun to make, with eggshell, matte bronze green and plum. 14.5 inches tall, 12.5 inches across, 4.5 inches deep!

I'll have to go test it for pourability now! OK, first cup kind of dribbles, but from then on out, all 7 or 8 cups pour easy breezy. I kept losing count and getting hypnotized. That's the way my head is today!

Today's quote:

"The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share."
Lady Bird Johnson

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...