Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Much gratitude

Yes, this is early and not about Thanksgiving.

I am so very grateful today for those who have purchased a little or big something from me.
Personally I felt you might like to know how very much this means at this time.



Many of you know (and have seen lots of weekly posts) about my efforts to make, pack and sell pottery at our weekly Tailgate Markets for the last 6 months, and the remaining shows in the next 2 weeks.

I live on my Social Security check these days.  It's what is remaining of the years of my working full time, most of my life.  I'm so happy that I haven't had to tap into my little IRA for the last year, now that I finally am in a subsidized apartment.  I am not asking for sympathy or pity. I just thought you might like to understand what my life is like.

My medical expenses have gone up. I am still paying off the hospitalization from pneumonia from a year ago this month.  I'm grateful to receive benefits from several local, state and federal agencies.  They help immensely, but still leave me feeling that I'm living in my "lean years." It's not just the economy, but the fact that an elder has more expensive needs medically than a middle aged person.

Your pottery purchase goes to help me have gas for my 20 year old car, or to pay the insurance on it.  A clay coffee mug helps buy my coffee. 

Then there are the fees to work at the Clay Studio of the Black Mountain Center for the Arts.  Thank you so much for helping me recycle your dollars from purchased pottery into my creating more pottery for the future.

This is the season of end of harvests.  This is the season of gratitude.  This is also the beginning of "the season of giving."

Thank you!

Today's Quote:


Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
Lao Tzu
 






1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...