Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, July 2, 2016

What's new with painting?


Doing something a bit different.
I noticed 2 years ago I started painting plates...did a few of them, sold a few of them, and still have a few of them. I even eat off of them if I'm so inclined!
So in the last month I've begun to do some wash painting with Mayco Stroke N Coat.  It's not always going to come out...but at least black comes out brown, and looks very water-color-y.  That makes me happy.  Only vivid colors seem to work, and when painted on white clay, a whole new pallet has become available to me.

Line work is done with Mayco's Designer Liner, applied to bisqued ware...then fired to cone 6.
Today's quote:
Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don’t claim them. Feel the artistry moving through and be silent.  Jalaluddin Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...