Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

May you never hunger, may you never thirst

The Fifth Sacred Thing, by Starhawk. Click here.

I'm currently reading her latest book "City of Refuge." It's long, and explains much that had happened in the prior book,"The Fifth Sacred Thing," which could have been left out I think.  I'm about halfway through, and at a point that is about to involve conflict between the peaceful refugees and the dominant power structure. 

Thanks, Starhawk, for being part of our counter-culture in these days where demonstrations have different slogans, but it's always about how the little people need their rights vs. the powerful greedy and corrupt system. 

I'm going back to nature, where our source is. 

Today's quote:

To me every hour of the light and dark is a miracle,
Every cubic inch of space is a miracle.
Walt Whitman



1 comment:

  1. Barbara -- Agree with you that nature can provide us calmness in so many ways -- in all that we experience. Yet we are surrounded by a culture here and around the world that is lacking stability. In my opinion, each of us, with nature in our daily lives, can surmount this turmoil. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...