Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Monday, January 27, 2014

Another learning experience


Here's my experimental teapot.  You may have read about my cobbling together various components HERE.  

I was highly critical of the outcome, and just added the three little blobs on top of the handle before bisqueing, and after the last pics were taken.

It survived the bisque, and I then tried applying some matt bronze green glaze.

 I like the results of this experiment, and have learned not to be too critical.  But of course the next one I make will have some improvements on it.


2 comments:

  1. awesome glaze, awesome experiments! that is so hard, as a potter, simply cooling out and realizing that some pieces are just steps down the path to perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell my students to keep experimenting. Remember, Thomas Edison found 9999 ways not to make a light bulb before he achieved perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...