Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Monday, October 8, 2012

pitchers

The ongoing quest for a pitcher which pours properly.

Keep on trying.


I like the Matt Bronze Green glaze, and especially with this new accent test of a black matt glaze.






Both of them run to brown where they are thin.  But the matt quality is pretty.  The liner is a Satin White.

Here the white satin comes outside and down the body and handle also.



The black where it was brushed on as thick as I could make it, came out looking pretty hoakey.  Unless you're trying for patchy streaks.



But the thing I do like is how the white and black interact where the white was dipped over the brushed on black.  Whow.  That's the kind of blend and separation of colors I like.

Yes, it's focused...you can even see the highlight is in focus.  Kind of impressionistic coloration happening there.  I want to do more with this!

Incidentally, the second pitcher pours with constant dribble down the side.  The top one can pour the last half of a pitcher-full but the first half will dribble.

Guess what I did after these two abject "learning experiences?"  Made a bunch of test pitchers.  They are in the bisque kiln today.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's a good way to look at these pitchers...pretty glaze, some places anyway. Thanks

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...