Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Idea passed along

to the next generations... (I think it's a good idea, but I'll let the qualifier be your decision)

Here are some student works from Jacksonville, FL where a teacher asked my permission (thank you) to have her students make Tree Shrines like I'd posted on my blog a while back.
here and here




























Aren't these great?  I'll quote the assignment that the teacher gave them...


"They were to use Floridian Trees, paint a background and include a pattern around the edges. I think they enjoyed it and there are some fun pieces here."


Kuddos to these students, and to their teacher, Kristy King.  She gave me permission to post their works on my blog.  I am honored.

What diversity of images!  And they show the personality of the young artists as well.  I don't know if they've been exposed yet to Art History with classic sculptures or the old painters.  Their class has given them basics of creating art, as they certainly have demonstrated good use of color and form in their creations.

Was it glaze (underglazes?) or paint used to finish them?  They certainly are fun.  Again, thank you to an art teacher.  (I'm so dismayed that art classes have been cut back with budget cuts in our schools.)   My life would never have become as creative if it weren't for Miss. Patterson, my art teacher who taught me from 7th through 12th grades.


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...