So I decided to test some snowflake glazes, cone 6 on brownstone or speckled brownstone clays. I was delighted with the 8th and 9th versions of his recipes.
The larger batch however wasn't quite as full of crystals and snowflakes. But I kind of like it as a crazy crazed glaze. I'm scratching my head about why the test glaze (batch of 100 grams) was gorgeous, then the larger batch (2000 grams) was disappointing. It still seems to work best with a very heavy glaze covering, but no snowflakes to speak of.
I've got a few pics here, and will post some more tomorrow, as I move into my shrines which I've been assembling.
|Flower one detail|
The leaves of the base are glazed with Matt Bronze Green.
|Flower two detail|