Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Circle of Trees

An open space which is hidden beneath a lid.





When the lid is removed, an open container with trees in a circle inside and out.





I'm excited about exploring looking into a space from outside.  This will be a focus of more of my sculptures coming soon.  This is a concept of coming in from the public area into intimacy of inner private spaces.

The Circle of Trees was inspired by the concept of a sacred grove of trees, which was often used in ancient times for rituals of worship.

4 comments:

  1. This is so great! It's beautiful as a sculpture, but you know how practical I am, so I immediately started thinking...could store a variety of things, or would be a knock out bread warmer (you also know how I love to bake bread.) Whatever it's used for, it's a winner! Wish I could afford it. Maybe some day if it's not snapped up right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a grreat idea, to use it to warm bread, and I hadn't even thought of a thing with food. So glad to have your comment, as always!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...