Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

ALCHEMY OF CLAY: Art and life connect! Dragons have been my interest lately, hope no real ones come along!

My info

Thursday, October 10, 2024

French Moderns: Monet to Matisse, 1850-1950 part 2

 I admit that the iPhone camera did change some of the coloration and contrast in paintings. I'd hold it in front of the painting and be surprised how a dark moody scene became more reasonable. So I have just left all the paintings as they were captured. I worked a bit to bring the sculptures into visibility, since some were behind glass with reflections, and some were lit completely from above, thus had shadows that inhibited really seeing their beauty.

Here's the next line of photos from my editing program. Descriptions are above illustrations.





















1 comment:

  1. I was in the Kelvingrove Gallery on Tuesday and saw work some of these artists and their contemporaries...the quality of light captured is stunning

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...