Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Spring inside and out!

I think this is sage.
When I left the windows open all afternoon the other day, it was 71 degrees outside.  No wonder the flowers out there think it's spring!

A very determined pansy that found a crack between sidewalk and stairway!

A line of crocus showing brightness in the sunshine!

A bouquet of fresh daffodils at church Sunday.

What is this lovely purple leaf?
Daffodils about to explode in the strawberry bed.


I forgot to taste a leaf of this plant, wonder what it is...

Perhaps a lettuce?

I recognize Rosemary, though it was too far away to sniff a leaf.

Some roses that didn't sell for Valentines Day, and were free gifts from Bounty and Soul which helps provide nutrition to some of the elders in my community (including me!)


Geraniums that are thriving this winter.

More geraniums, with my lavender plants right behind them.  The Kalanchoe mixed in the pot with the geraniums is looking very poorly.  When it's time, I'll repot them both.

And then we have to show that beautiful purple shamrock!

Did I tell you almost all the leaves on the gardenia bush fell off last week? I was picking up a zillion leaves for a few days.  But there are buds on branch ends. So I pruned a bit, since it was one of the first times there weren't lots of leaves.

I've only repotted it once, and if I do it again, I'm afraid it will be too heavy for me to carry in and out for wintering over in the apartment.  Perhaps I should also prune roots, like a bonzai!

Today's quote:


"One can't believe impossible things," Alice said. "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
Lewis Carroll

2 comments:

  1. Looks like spring has sprung. You have a nice collection of plants.
    We still have patches of snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful to see all this bloom -- may it endure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...