Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Friday, July 20, 2018

The mountains are my home

Looking down in the valley from the lush Blue Ridge Parkway...



Finally got a shot of the Craggy Pinacle tunnel just before driving through it.  On the other side is a very nice overlook with a parking area kind of hard to see from this direction...the "Overlook ahead" sign is there, but nothing right at the turnoff.




 Burnett Reservoir is the source of drinking water for Asheville.



Unlike many reservoirs, this one has no access for public recreation, and the parkway even has signs to protect the runoff by not having cars pull off the road for 15 miles above it.  The same signs can even be seen on Interstate 40.  However, local roads don't have signs, and Black Mountain and Swannanoa and Oteen (all up hill of the Burnett Reservoir) have many folks parking along roads and on grass.  I guess since they have businesses and homes there, the runoff from them is considered part of the environment!


The other side of this overlook looks north west and that's Interstate 26 in the distance.

Today's quote:

I have millions of bodies to live in.

I will dress myself in the moonbeams,

in the gauze made of fine silvery threads,

and pass my time in tranquil rest.

I will sing my songs in the form of hill streams and brooks,

in the form of the rolling waves; I will move on.

I am the soft-footed wind which walks on in ecstasy.

I am the ever-gliding form which goes on as time.

I descended as waterfalls on the mountain slopes,

reviving the faded plants.

I made the roses burst into laughter.

I made the nightingale sing her mournful ditties;

I knocked at the doors and woke up the sleeping ones,

wiping the tears of the one,

blowing the veil from the face of the other.

I teased those near and also far.

I teased you too.

Lo I go, I go, with nothing in my possession .

Swami Rama Tirtha ( written an hour before he left his body)

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments...