Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

The geese are back!

Walking from a parking lot, which soon was completely full of swimmers at the Lake Tomahawk pool, (not in the lake)...I did a double take going by the picnic pavilion.


Well these are probably very big ducks, or maybe geese.

 I wasn't going to be bullied by a bunch (herd? gaggle? flock?) of Canada Geese.

So I kind of made little beep beep noises to let them know I didn't plan to wait for them all to walk across the path.  It worked, they made way for me.  The Recreation and Parks people used to have a dog which patrolled and keep the geese away, but now they are back in full swing, including leaving lots of droppings along their way.

 A week later, the same white ducks are begging for crumbs (which children often toss to them) at the side of the pool.

As I drove away from Lake Tomahawk, twice I had to stop for ducks crossing the road.  The wildlife is pretty demanding around here!

Today's Quote:
It is easy to laugh when we feel good, but it is when the world appears dim that we most need laughter in our lives. Madisyn Taylor "Daily Om"

2 comments:

  1. How delightful to see them on the ground! In our trips in the fall in Western N C, we have only experienced them flying, cheerily honking across the sky !!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...