Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Wildflowers are for everyone

Maroon Trillium Trillium cuneatum  This is a bloom you don't want to sniff, it attracts it's polinator flies by smelling foul.
So I'm not carrying a professional style camera! So I can't hike up inclines to 5000 feet.  But my friend and I sure had a good time strolling up along the stream below Pearson's Falls, Saluda, NC.

She helped me figure out the names of these.
Flower is Bloodroot Sanguinaria canadensis, the three leaved plant is a trillium.
Violets facing away , but common all over the mountains, even in yards.
White Trillium

Trout Lilly

That's all for today...there will be more.  And Helen is going on another wildflower walk this week, but with 30 degree weather and early walking (even though it's easy) I'm not going.  I hope she tells me about it though!

Today's quote:

The whole of the holy life is good friends.
THE BUDDHA


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...