Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Surprise at the Overlook on the Parkway



 A quiet time sitting at my favorite overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway, about a week ago...one of those first really warm days.  It's about 10 miles from my house.  Looking down on these nice farms, or just homes in a cove, I never saw a car going along, nor a person.  Just found one big brown dog who loped along from one house to another for a while.

There were some guys in a California SUV with a tripod and video camera set up, and I thought they were just doing an interview type thing with the overlook in the background.

I kind of ignored them while I sat there.  But as I was about to go back home, I noticed they were giving instructions from one to another, and then there was a third presence.


Yep, a drone was flying around (just to right of sign).  It makes a fan kind of sound, whirring as it moves in any direction.  I remember hearing one when I was at a Woman's March in January.  They take photos as part of the equipment. Mmm, my inner 1984 paranoia reared it's ugly head.

2 comments:

  1. they are intrusive...but invaluable in many tv programme productions now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Many parks have rules against drones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...