Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Friday, February 16, 2018

Enjoying the water

Water water everywhere!

I've always lived near water...and enjoyed the fun of playing it it, and eventually learning to swim as well.  Here are some family shots of water play...(not sepia but from the past 25+ years!)

 Me and 2 little grands making sand castles at Clearwater FL

Same grands with my oldest son at Siesta Key, FL

My youngest son jumping into water off a sailboat outside of Seattle WA

Youngest son and girlfriend on sailboat, Seattle WA

Granddaughter playing in surf


My first visit to Hooker Falls, NC Feb 2009

Old path along Little River to Triple Falls, Brevard National Forest, NC 2009

Triple Falls, NC 2009

Back in the day when a suntan was sought by moi (date way back when)

Middle son and youngest on Cumberland Island, GA in 90s
Youngest son on r. and a friend rock hopping in Smoky Mountains National Park, TN in 90s
Youngest son waving in Smoky Mountains National Park, TN in 90s

A calm day in the Atlantic with daughters in law, youngest son between them, and most of my grands on r. (I'm taking the pic!)

Granddaughters wading after dinner in Inland Waterway of FL
My three sons and myself on my 70th, outside the restaurant after a feast, overlooking the Inland Waterway, FL (and don't miss my grandson in blue photo bombing us!)


I'm sharing this with Sepia Saturday this week! Check out this link to see what others came up with related to this photo!



SEPIA SATURDAY 406 : Saturday 17 February 2018
SWIMMING : WATER : STANDING AROUND : HANGING AROUND

Like all our February prompt images, the one for Sepia Saturday 406 (post your posts on or around Saturday 17th February) comes from the Flickr Commons collection of the State Library of Queensland. There are the obvious theme possibilities of swimming and water available, but you might also want to investigate the possibilities of standing around and - like the child at the end of the diving board - hanging around.

Today's Quote:


WORD FOR THE DAY
Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in the quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.
Mary Jean Irion
 




11 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos. The one of you sunbathing reminds me of me back in the day! I grew up blocks from the Atlantic Ocean, so I did that a lot. I sure do regret it now though because it has put me on a first name basis with my dermatologist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barb, these are wonderful! I have some really good pix from Siesta Key too but didn't think to use them. My favorite is your son jumping off the boat, but those little grands in their summer dresses is a winner too. (I'm a sucker for breezy summer dresses.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great photos! I remember sunbathing like you back in the pre-sunscreen days -- starting in the backyard on the first warm days of spring to "layer" the tan as summer approached. Love the photo of your youngest son jumping! Such a grand tour of water resources -- from beaches to mountain falls -- with your family looking wonderful in all of those settings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun! The aerialist snaphot could be a renaissance figure in a ceiling fresco. Something about families in water brings out the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water, beach, holidays they all go hand in hand. A great way to bring family together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos, all. But my favorite is next to last with the 3 granddaughters wading in the water, their flip-flops neatly awaiting them on the beach. Back in the day we called them "go-aheads" rather than flip-flops. Did you ever hear that term?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved playing in the sand when I was very young--Your photos remind me of some I have of myself as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely collection...of photos and family

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing the warm, beauty photos on this snowy day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice happy family water photos. Your son jumping off the boat is the closest anyone gets to diving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...