Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, November 20, 2017

So what's a cauldron really for?

I've had one for years, a yellow one with rainbow glazes on the exterior.  Don't know why, but I like having it around.  Never tried to stir up any special brews, no eyes of newts etc!


So I made a new one this month.

 The interior is satin white glaze (about a gallon) mixed with 2 oz. of Mason stain Bermuda Green, which looks a lot like Robin's Egg Blue.

 Exterior is primarily Matt Bronze Green (our studio glaze) with the Bermuda Green brushed on the top half over the Matt green.
10-1/2 inches tall, 9 inches across.

Jagged edge means not something to drink a gallon of anything out of...and it's really too small for a punch bowl.  (Maybe I'll make a bigger one soon, not that I need it, but I do have a punch ladle!)

I will probably put some pretty oranges in it...or apples.  Of course if I am invited to do a fire ritual, here's a caldron which can have a fire inside it without damage (well, incense anyway).

And I want to send you to another blogger's post about pricing, as published in Pottery Making Illustrated last year. Mea Rhee (mee-uh ree), is ​the potter behind Good Elephant Pottery.

Today's quote:


When external factors shift we have an opportunity to rediscover our core which is the only truly safe place to call home.

1 comment:

  1. Nice cauldron, been a while since I've made any bowls on a pedestal, might have to make a few; I read Mea's blog, she has some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...