Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Friday, November 3, 2017

Holy or not, Halloween

My friends who are Wiccan celebrate this holiday differently than most of America.  They also hope the stereotypical witch costume of an ugly hag will be replaced by the more normal look of true witches...though that's not likely to happen.  This is a holy night, called Samhain (spoken as Sow-wain.)

Here are a few photos of Halloween this year, taken mostly from the internet of cousins and friends, or our town's celebration of candy.

From Vintage News on Facebook

From Vintage News on Facebook



















Dia de los muertos (Day of the Dead) is also celebrated by many of us with Hispanic heritage...or not.


There was a ritual for honoring our ancestors which Inanna's Daughters held on Sunday before Samhain... See my post HERE.

I'm sharing this on Sepia Saturday this week.  Come over and see what other spooky findings have been shared HERE.
 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhkPvQ1UFA_bLLesxVo8h8K1QvZ8ihuRhA-0kvkyEsXg91Bomq99EKNZLwhTyy25C8ppd4TpKIW6whs2esCF03h_0VxHly2QBDG7Rhko-D0la6Q2WzLtc7PlIP2C1e9zD2mnbioAX5xeTJ3/s1600/1709B-54.jpg



Today's quote:

Power is not about exerting our will over others, it is about being in complete truth with yourself.
Madisyn Taylor. Daily Om





6 comments:

  1. Great photos. I think the boy in the carriage with the jack o'lantern is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to have a reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My personal favorites are the pumpkin stroller, the avocado brothers and the divine witch in the purple hat! And I saw a few contemporary Wiccans at Halloween event near me this year -- very nicely dressed in vintage costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Molly. The kid in the pumpkin stroller is my fav', but the avocado brothers are a close second. Quite original. Love the Trumpkin. The empty head is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun time was had by all. - and by your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The avocados - hilarious! My fav is the pumpkin stroller.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...