Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Friday, June 9, 2017

This year's raised bed garden



The gardens April 16, 2017.  Everyone thought we'd have another frost, as often we wait till after Mother's Day to plant.  I went ahead and put my seedlings in the raised bed at the Carver Center in Black Mountain.


 I enjoyed having fresh basil to season some foods with!
And I'd never put cilantro into an omelette before, but it was just right!


 My bed the first week...
Some other gardeners had some beautiful petunias and pansies growing.

 Lettuce was partitioned off in one gardener's plot

Early days for the garden, I sowed some beans and sun flowers also.

And here is a garden which I've put little effort into on May 30, 2017.  I've taken the cilantro home in a pot so I can snip some whenever I'm cooking.

In the background my friends (who I've never seen) have some great looking tomato plants. Everyone gardens at their own schedule. Just look at those sunflowers I've got now!  Some will be giants and some will be the red variety, I hope.

June 7, 2017



And part of what I love is having fresh flowers in the house...so some marigolds grace my table in a tea bowl which has a flaw so can't be sold...doesn't mean it won't work for me though!

I am planning to pot the coleus back up, and bring it home.  It doesn't seem happy in the full sun, and I've seen some of them do well, but this one probably wants some shade.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to have a garden. Our community has beds available but unfortunately they are about half an hour from our house. I know I would not be diligent enough to keep a garden there. So I am content to have my herbs on the deck and access to a good produce market nearby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...