Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Don't burn the bread

My blueberry banana bread, which I cut and warm in the toaster oven (and watch to make sure it doesn't burn!) before slathering butter on it for breakfast... (recipe at bottom of post)

This plate is a nice stoneware piece by a potter from Kansas.  I used to purchase a few of his items at the St. Augustine FL Arts & Crafts show each year...but I can't figure out his name.  The distinctive red/blues of his glazes can be found through-out my house.  If you know who he is, please give me his name.  His signature is a big O with a slash through it and little legs.  No help.

Oh, I vaguely remember that he was tall and perhaps redheaded, had a wife who did some of the decorations on the pots, and perhaps a daughter.  I left St. Augustine in 2000, so I don't know if he's still traveling south to avoid winter.

Blueberrry Banana Bread

Flour 1-3/4 cup
Baking Powder 1-1/4 teas.
Baking Soda 1/2 teas.
Salt 3/4 teas.
Shortning (butter or?) 1/3 cup
sugar 2/3 cup
2 eggs, slightly beaten
bananas, mashed, 1 cup (2-3)
Frozen blueberries 1/2 cup

Sift flour, measure, add baking powder & soda & salt, sift again (or whisk with wire whisk) set aside.
In separate bowl cream shortening/butter, add sugar graduallyand continue beating until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and mix till smooth.
Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas, stiring just enough to combine thoroughly.  Do not beat.  Add frozen blueberries at very last stirring only a little so as not to burst them.
Turn into greased loaf pan (9-1/2" x 5-1/2") bakc in preheated oven 350 degrees about 1 hour.

9 comments:

  1. Nice plate, but the mark doesn't look familiar.
    The recipe looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...good to see what's going on in your studio! (nothing much in mine)

      Delete
  2. oh that bread looks so good, it's snowing here and supposed to get down below zero with even lower wind chills and I am feeling sorry for the birds and animals who are out tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we had snow flurries all afternoon, and now some high winds, and the forecast is still around zero tonight. I also hope all the critters out there have hunkered down somewhere.

      Delete
  3. Everything is better with blueberries added! I going to save that recipe. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention, the blueberries needed to still be frozen when added, not thawed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t recognize that potter’s mark but I’ll keep my eyes open for it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...