Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Monday, July 28, 2014

Delightful sale

I am sorry to see the vase on the right leave home...but on the other hand, I'm delighted that it's going to go live with my cousin in Arizona.

Yay family that likes pottery!  Thanks so much, Patricia!  I'm so glad to have you back in my life after forty something (ahem) years.

In my usual sharing of how things are made...the bottom is wheel thrown, then the top part is made of pieces of slab that are pinched and smoothed together.  The glazing is a bit of Stroke and Coat for the color highlights then some nutmeg and clear glazes sponged over everything.  Interior is just clear, which shows the Little Loafers' shade of warm white stoneware.



9 comments:

  1. Love them all, and the two on the top shelf would make splendid bowls for Japanese tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a great yen (maybe the wrong term here) to make some tea bowls.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure she'll treasure it because it came from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed honored that she wanted one of my vases.

      Delete
  3. wonderful to sell no matter who, but especially nice if it's relatives who appreciate the hard work involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you Linda...and I've already seen the place she wants to put it via facebook. I think it will work there, fingers crossed.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ha ha! Gary, that's why I'm making small work, no more room until the big things are sold.

      Delete
  5. Dear friends, thanks for commenting, but nobody told me of my typo (now corrected) in which I mispelled hightlights! I don't know whether to thank you or knot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...