Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My favorite shape bowl

Eating out of this bowl was such fun.  I don't remember what I tried it with first.  Now I've washed it and will let it go to it's forever home.

It's BIG but has a nice smooth curve into it's flanged lip.

OK, I'll go see how many cups of water it will hold.

Ha, only a bit over 3 cups.  That surprised me, because the smaller looking bowl made at the same time holds over 4 cups.  It was  listed on the Etsy shop already  HERE.


So if you're after a heaping serving, go for the rounder bowl shape rather than the wide flanged lip and a narrow bottom!  Just thought you might want to know that.

4 comments:

  1. Nice shapes! Where did you find that great red?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mayco Stroke N Coat...it fires between cone 06 and cone 6.
      You have to paint on 3 coats though, and it's still not as even as a dipped glaze. But that's kind of nice anyway, not looking like plastic. Silly me, I left my bottle of Candy Apple Red out in the car and now it's frozen...wonder what will happen to the next glazing. More to learn!

      Delete
  2. man, i love bowls, I eat EVERYTHING out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a "meal in a bowl" dinners -- your bowls would be great. All meals at my place are a meal in one bowl. Nice post -- barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...