Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Sunday, January 26, 2014

3 overlapping colors

With white stoneware, three glazes dipped one on top of another create some new colors.

First dip in Matt bronze green, which on center right is it by itself.  Then going clockwise, dip into Raspberry, which gives a nice speckled black over the green, and has just a small portion of pure red.  Because then I dipped into Satin White, and the red turned green with the white over it.  I expected the pretty green being more shiny where the white went over the green.

Isn't this fun?  I want to try doing more of this.  After all, life is full of surprises, especially for potters.

And it did the same things on the outside too.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Gary...see you in the morning and I bet you either have something yummy to eat for breakfast, or some cute pot that I would never have thought of. I really appreciate your feedback (maybe because it's always positive.)

      Delete
  2. super especially since you continued on the reverse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda...how's the move going? I'm thinking of you.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...