Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tri-color pitcher



I'm pretty happy with this medium sized pitcher.

The little thumb knob on the handle has a Celtic Cross pressed into it, which doesn't show well in any pictures.


Pencil is added to give you an idea of the scale.  Sorry these images have so much reflection on them.  Shiney glazes are so hard to photograph!!!  Clay is Speckled Brownstone.

The glazes are Floating Blue inside and halfway down the outside.  At that point I used wax resist to paint the spiral over the blue.  Then the outside was dipped up to 2/3 level in Raspberry, which gives that electric mottled color in the middle third.  Isn't it fun?  I've got more coming in this combo.


5 comments:

  1. Nice combination and design...looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this pretty little pitcher and the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glazes are great and I love the idea of a stamp on the thumb rest. It will give a little bit of extra grip and be very nice to look at. I imagine this piece is very inviting to touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors and I love the spiral!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...